Ytmp3.cc ads can’t be trusted
Ytmp3.cc is a website that displays push notifications for users who accidentally click on Allow when visiting Youtube to MP3 video converter. The suspicious site offers video conversion to MP3 or MP4 formats service, but also opens new tabs or windows and causes redirects to other websites.
In order to download a chosen video, visitors must copy and paste desired Youtube video URL in the address bar on Ytmp3 website, then choose file format and click Convert. The conversion process then begins. Next, the user gets three options – Download, Dropbox, or Convert Next.
Unfortunately, clicking on the Download button is what causes a pop-up loading a completely different website with an advertisement on it. You might even run into Deceptive Site Ahead warning.
|Activity||Delivers web push notifications|
|Dangers||Can suggest installing untrustworthy third-party software, slows down computer|
|Distribution||Asks for user’s permission to display web notifications when user visits the site for Youtube to MP3 Video Converter services|
|Removal||Remove permission for push notifications|
Beware of dangers behind pop-up ads
Ytmp3.cc doesn’t seem safe as it causes redirects to sites like get.streaming-time.com which offers installation of browser extensions and also asks to display push notifications in browser. The activity of this questionable site is highly irritating, as we see many victims complaining about it on Reddit and other web forums.
While the Youtube to MP3 converter doesn’t serve malware itself, it can push you to hardly trustworthy sites and display annoying ads on your computer screen inviting to visit unreliable third-party sites. Therefore, if you decide to use its services, we suggest you choose Block push notifications and close any pop-ups that appear on your screen while visiting that page.
Such websites collaborate with plenty of advertising networks and push their content to inattentive PC, Mac or Android users, seeking for easy revenue.
The easiest Ytmp3.cc virus removal method is resetting your web browsers. You can find the tutorial at the end of this article.
The website has annoyed many users along various platforms, including Android, Mac, and Windows, as ytmp3.cc removal mac seems to be one of the most popular searches on Google related to this online converter.
Avoiding unwanted ads and suspicious programs on your PC or Mac
To stay safe when browsing online, we strongly recommend paying attention to safe browsing rules prepared by us:
- Never allow push notifications from suspicious websites. There is no need to let them display promotional content to you daily;
- If you ever notice that a website opens pop-ups or pop-under ads automatically (this often happens when visiting sites offering file conversions, free movies or streaming services), close these pop-ups and avoid visiting such website ever again. It cannot be trustworthy, and wastes your time, to say at least;
- Never install suggested extensions if you don’t really need them. They can decrease your browser’s performance and cause security-related issues.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Android (2 methods)
Method 1. Block notifications in Google Chrome
To disable ytmp3.cc notifications in Android:
- Open Chrome > Click the three dots in the top-right corner, then open Settings.
- Here, open Notifications.
- Under Sites, deselect ytmp3.cc.
Method 2. Disable app permissions:
- Go to Settings app, then click Notifications.
- Browse the Notifications list, open specific apps that annoy you, and toggle off Allow Notifications bar by clicking on it.
Remove Ytmp3.cc virus from Mac & Windows
Ytmp3.com removal on Mac or Windows is simple. To prevent this site from bothering you, you need to take away previously given permission to display notifications for you. You can do this via browser’s settings or simply reset your browser.
However, if you unexpectedly installed some suspicious software or browser add-ons via the discussed Youtube to MP3 Converter site or one of the pop-ups it triggered, we strongly suggest following the full spyware removal guide provided below.
This post was first published on August 31, 2019, and updated on September 5, 2019.
Ytmp3.cc Removal Tutorial
To remove the unwanted program from your computer, use these instructions below to uninstall associated programs or apps from your Windows or Mac computer. Then scroll down for instructions how to clean each affected web browser individually.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Windows
Windows 10/8.1/8 users
Click on the Windows logo to open Windows menu. In search, type control panel and select the matching result. Then go to Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users
First, open Windows menu by clicking on the icon in the lower left corner of the screen. Then go to Control Panel and find section called Programs. Click on the Uninstall a program option under it.
Windows XP users
In Windows XP, click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
Uninstall unwanted programs
Once in Programs and Features, look through the list of installed programs. You can click on Installed on tab to sort the programs by their installation date.
Right-click on suspicious programs you can't remember installing and choose Uninstall. Follow instructions provided by the Uninstall Wizard, click Next and finally Finish to uninstall the unwanted program from your PC.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Mac
- Click on Finder.
- Go to Applications folder.
- Look for suspicious applications you can't remember installing. Right-click them and select Move to Trash.
- After moving all suspicious apps to Trash, right-click the Trash bin in Mac's Dock and select Empty Trash.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Google Chrome
Remove suspicious Chrome extensions
- Open Chrome and type chrome://extensions into address bar and press Enter.
- Here, look for suspicious extensions, and Remove them.
- Don't forget to confirm by pressing Remove in the confirmation pop-up.
Change Start Page settings
- In Chrome address bar, type chrome://settings and press Enter.
- Scroll down to the On startup section. Check for suspicious extensions controlling these settings, and Disable them.
- Additionally, you can set browser to Open a specific page or set of pages via these settings. Simply choose this option, click Add a new page, enter your preferred URL (f.e. www.google.com) and press Add.
Change default search settings
- In Chrome URL bar, type chrome://settings/searchEngines and press Enter. Make sure you type searchEngines, not searchengines. Additionally, you can go to chrome://settings and find Manage search engines option.
- First, look at the list of search engines and find the one you want to set as default. Click the three dots next to it and select Make Default.
- Finally, look through the list and eliminate suspicious entries. Right-click the three dots and select Remove from the list.
Reset Google Chrome browser
- The final option is to reset Google Chrome. Type chrome://settings in the URL bar, press Enter and then scroll down until you see Advanced option. Click it and scroll to the bottom of the settings.
- Click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click Restore settings to confirm.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Mozilla Firefox
Remove unwanted add-ons from Firefox
- Open Firefox and type about:addons in the URL bar. Press Enter.
- Now, click on Extensions (in the left section).
- Click Remove next to every suspicious browser add-on that you can't remember installing.
Change Firefox Homepage
- In Firefox address bar, type about:preferences and hit Enter.
- Look at the left and click the Home tab.
- Here, delete the suspicious URL and type or paste in the URL of a website you'd like to set as your homepage.
Alter preferences in Firefox
- Type about:config in Firefox address bar and hit Enter.
- Click I accept the risk! to continue.
- Here, type in the URL which has taken over your browser without your knowledge. Right-click each value that includes it and choose Reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- In Firefox, type about:support in the address bar and press Enter.
- Click on Refresh Firefox...
- Click Refresh Firefox again to confirm.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Microsoft Edge
Remove suspicious extensions:
- Open MS Edge browser and click on the three dots button in the top right corner, then click on Extensions.
- Look through the list of installed extensions and find the ones you can't remember installing or simply suspicious-looking ones. Right-click on them and choose Uninstall. Then confirm by pressing Uninstall again.
Change MS Edge Start Page and default search engine:
- Click on the three dots again and go to Settings. First, make sure that you choose to Open Microsoft Edge with A specific page or pages option. Then click the X next to suspicious URLs and type in the one you want to set as your homepage. Click the Save icon to confirm.
- Click on the three dots > Settings. Scroll down and click on Show Advanced Settings. Then scroll down until you find Change search engine button. Click it. Here, select the search engine you prefer using and click Set as default.
Additionally, we recommend selecting and Removing suspicious search engines.
Clear browsing data:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner again and click on Settings. Find Clear browsing data section and click Choose what to clear button.
- In the next window, select all options and click Clear.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Safari
Uninstall suspicious Safari extensions
- Open Safari and click on Safari button in the top left corner. Select Preferences in the menu that appears on the screen.
- Now, go to Extensions tab. Look at the left to see all installed extensions, click on suspicious ones and hit that Uninstall button as shown in the picture. Confirm your choice by clicking Uninstall again. Repeat until you get rid of all unwanted extensions.
Change Safari Homepage and default search engine
- In Preferences, open the General tab. Here, check what URL is set as your homepage. Delete it and type in whatever URL you want to set as your Safari Start Page.
- Next, go to the Search tab. Here, choose what Search engine you want to set as default.
- Next, click on Manage websites... then Remove all... and then Done.
- Click on Safari > Clear History...
- Then choose to clear All history and hit Clear History button to confirm.
- Go to Safari > Preferences and then open Privacy tab.
- Click Manage Website Data... then Remove All. To finish, click Done.
- Finally, clear Safari cache. In Safari Menu, click Develop > Clear Cache.
Remove Ytmp3.cc from Internet Explorer
TIP: If you are still using IE, we strongly advise using Microsoft Edge or a different browser because Microsoft is no longer providing technical or security support for IE browser.
Remove suspicious extensions from IE
- Now, go back to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Below Show:, select All add-ons.
- Right-click suspicious extensions and choose Disable, or, if available - Remove.
- If any pop-up appears, confirm your choice.
Tip: If you can't find any suspicious extensions, most likely you have uninstalled them via Programs and Features already. This mostly applies to IE browser.
Change default search provider and remove suspicious ones
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon in the top right of the window.
- Then select Manage Add-ons.
- Here, click on Search Providers tab.
- Here, we recommend setting Bing, Google or another trusted and well-known search provider as default. To do it, right-click the provider and choose Set as default.
- Now you can right-click suspicious search providers and choose Remove.
Change IE Home Page
- In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon in the top left corner.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Change Home Page URL to whatever page you want to use as your homepage.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon in IE menu > Internet Options. Now click on Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset...
- Click on the checkbox next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
- To finish, click Close.
Norbert Webb is the head of Geek’s Advice team. He is the chief editor of the website who controls the quality of content published. The man also loves reading cybersecurity news, testing new software and sharing his insights on them. Norbert says that following his passion for information technology was one of the best decisions he has ever made. “I don’t feel like working while I’m doing something I love.” However, the geek has other interests, such as snowboarding and traveling.