Click-to-watch.live ads might redirect users to other questionable pages
Click-to-watch.live ads might start bothering you if you accidentally visit or get redirected to the said domain and agree to receive its push-notifications. Following that, a massive amount of daily ads will start appearing on the right-side of your computer screen, no matter if you’re Windows or Mac user. Clicking on these ads might cause suspicious redirects to possibly highly dangerous websites. Due to such activity, some people refer to this site as a redirect virus. Even though this activity might seem merely annoying, it can also expose your computer to various risks, including malware infections, or sites advertising spyware-type applications.
In case users browse on suspicious pages or are redirected to one, they might encounter a pop-up screen that asks to enable push notifications for Click-to-watch.live virus. Technically, this page is not a virus. Yet, enabling notifications give access to specific browser settings that allow that site to perform annoying and potentially dangerous activity on the infected computer. Likewise, you should never give access to notifications for any websites except verified ones.
Usually, this potentially unwanted program (PUP) leads computer users to shady websites that display numerous “* Will Damage Your Computer. You Should Move It To Trash” pop-ups, banners, offer scam deals like AMARKTFLOW, or try to trick people to install malware with fake warnings about the virus on your computer. Keep in mind that all activity mentioned above is designed to swindle money from regular computer users or infect their systems with malware.
Additionally, such an excessive amount of ads tend to use large amounts of CPU power. In other words, it leaves a very small amount of your computer power to perform essential activities. Likewise, many users can notice a significant decrease in computer performance once they have a potentially unwanted application installed on their system. Although, you can always remove Click-to-watch.live ads to enjoy your PC again.
Redirect sites cause privacy issues
Furthermore, the majority of landing pages where this rogue website can lead you to are also programmed to collect various information. It includes users’ browsing history, geolocations, IP addresses, and the data people provide themselves. Developers of potentially unwanted applications have full access to the gathered data and might use it for their own monetary benefit or share it with third parties.
Various other creators of rogue applications and websites are more than eager to buy the collected information based on the user segments and then adjust their ads according to people’s interests. This technique allows the developers to receive more clicks on their advertising content and increase their revenues. However, none of the ads are checked for malicious codes and might be used to spread various cyber threats or offer useless products and services.
Therefore, users should be aware that this suspicious website can not only display annoying advertisements but cause serious privacy issues and even lead to malware infections. If you notice any suspicious activity on your computer, you can perform Click-to-watch.live ads removal with RESTORO that will quickly uninstall this redirect virus for you. Learn how to start the elimination procedure by following the instructions at the end of this article.
|Type||Redirect virus, Adware, Push-notifications virus|
|Symptoms||Users receive various advertising content, including scams, pop-up ads, banners, etc; They are continuously redirected to excessive amounts of suspicious pages|
|Damage||To the computer: various ads consume large amounts of CPU power and might slow down the system;|
To the user: people might suffer from privacy issues since the majority of rogue websites collect various information on their users and might share it with third parties;
|Distribution||Spreads by push notifications or via software bundles|
|Elimination||You can start an automatic elimination by installing RESTORO|
Redirect virus infiltrates the system via push notifications
Experts have spotted this potentially unwanted program spreading via pop-up screens that ask to enable notifications. Users are asked to allow to show notifications by Click-to-watch.live and if they agree, the rogue application infiltrates the system immediately. It gains access to certain browser settings that allow the program to deliver various suspicious ads and cause redirects.
Transcript of the pop-up asking to enable notifications:
Click-to-watch.live wants to
Additionally, some potentially unwanted programs spread in bundles with freeware. For example, if you install an application, you should always check if it comes with certain add-ons. For that, you must select a manual installation mode and attentively follow the process steps. Rogue applications come as pre-selected add-ons that must be de-selected during the procedure. This way you will avoid infiltration of suspicious programs.
Finally, our security team recommends to stop visiting suspicious pages and installing software from unverified sites. Cybercriminals often upload malicious files and try to trick people into installing malware on their own. Likewise, you should browse on verified sites only and never install applications from dubious sources.
Stop suspicious redirects by Click-to-watch.live website
If this potentially unwanted program (PUP) has infiltrated your system via push notifications, you must remove Click-to-watch.live ads both, automatically and manually. First, download reputable antivirus software that could be capable to deal with various cyber threats. Afterward, we suggest scanning with RESTORO to repair virus damage on the system.
After automatic Click-to-watch.live adware removal, you must reset your browser settings manually. Otherwise, the modifications on the browser will keep the infection persistent and users will keep receiving redirects to rogue sites. We have appended an easy step-by-step guide to help you clean your browser afterward. You will find them at the end of this article.
Finally, keep an antivirus running on your computer at all times. You can even schedule regular system check-ups to help you keep your computer protected. It is essential to invest in PC security if you want to avoid financial losses, protect your privacy and data.
OUR GEEKS RECOMMEND
Our team recommends removing malware using a professional antivirus software and then using the following tool to repair virus damage to Windows system files:
REPAIR VIRUS DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER
RESTORO provides a free scan that helps to identify hardware, security and stability issues and presents a comprehensive report which can help you to locate and fix detected issues manually. It is a great PC repair software to use after you remove malware with professional antivirus. The full version of software will fix detected issues and repair virus damage caused to your Windows OS files automatically.
RESTORO uses AVIRA scanning engine to detect existing spyware and malware. If any are found, the software will eliminate them.
Read full review here.
Click-to-watch.live ads Removal Tutorial
To remove the unwanted program from your computer, use these instructions below to uninstall associated programs or apps from your Windows or Mac computer. Then scroll down for instructions how to clean each affected web browser individually.
Remove Click-to-watch.live ads from Windows
Windows 10/8.1/8 users
Click on the Windows logo to open Windows menu. In search, type control panel and select the matching result. Then go to Programs and Features.
Windows 7 users
First, open Windows menu by clicking on the icon in the lower left corner of the screen. Then go to Control Panel and find section called Programs. Click on the Uninstall a program option under it.
Windows XP users
In Windows XP, click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
Uninstall unwanted programs
Once in Programs and Features, look through the list of installed programs. You can click on Installed on tab to sort the programs by their installation date.
Right-click on suspicious programs you can't remember installing and choose Uninstall. Follow instructions provided by the Uninstall Wizard, click Next and finally Finish to uninstall the unwanted program from your PC.
Remove Click-to-watch.live ads from Mac
- Click on Finder.
- Go to Applications folder.
- Look for suspicious applications you can't remember installing. Right-click them and select Move to Trash.
- After moving all suspicious apps to Trash, right-click the Trash bin in Mac's Dock and select Empty Trash.
Remove using INTEGO ANTIVIRUS for Mac (includes scanning for iOS devices). The one-of-a-kind security suite provides VirusBarrier X9 real-time protection against Mac and Windows-based malware, removes existing threats and scans for malware in popular e-mail clients. Includes NetBarrier X9, an intelligent firewall for home, work and public connections.
Remove Click-to-watch.live ads from Google Chrome
Remove suspicious Chrome extensions
- Open Chrome and type chrome://extensions into address bar and press Enter.
- Here, look for suspicious extensions, and Remove them.
- Don't forget to confirm by pressing Remove in the confirmation pop-up.
Change Start Page settings
- In Chrome address bar, type chrome://settings and press Enter.
- Scroll down to the On startup section. Check for suspicious extensions controlling these settings, and Disable them.
- Additionally, you can set browser to Open a specific page or set of pages via these settings. Simply choose this option, click Add a new page, enter your preferred URL (f.e. www.google.com) and press Add.
Change default search settings
- In Chrome URL bar, type chrome://settings/searchEngines and press Enter. Make sure you type searchEngines, not searchengines. Additionally, you can go to chrome://settings and find Manage search engines option.
- First, look at the list of search engines and find the one you want to set as default. Click the three dots next to it and select Make Default.
- Finally, look through the list and eliminate suspicious entries. Right-click the three dots and select Remove from the list.
Remove push notifications from Chrome
If you want to get rid of the annoying ads and so-called push-notifications viruses, you must identify their components and clean your browser. You can easily remove ads from Chrome by following these steps:
- In Google Chrome, press on Menu (upward arrow) in the top-right corner of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Privacy and Security > Site Settings.
- Open Notifications.
- Here, go to the Allow list and identify suspicious URLs. You can either Block or Remove by pressing on the three vertical dots on the right side of the URL. However, we suggest the Block option, so the site won't ask you to enable the notifications if you ever visit it again.
Reset Google Chrome browser
- The final option is to reset Google Chrome. Type chrome://settings in the URL bar, press Enter and then scroll down until you see Advanced option. Click it and scroll to the bottom of the settings.
- Click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click Restore settings to confirm.
Remove Click-to-watch.live ads from Mozilla Firefox
Remove unwanted add-ons from Firefox
- Open Firefox and type about:addons in the URL bar. Press Enter.
- Now, click on Extensions (in the left section).
- Click Remove next to every suspicious browser add-on that you can't remember installing.
Change Firefox Homepage
- In Firefox address bar, type about:preferences and hit Enter.
- Look at the left and click the Home tab.
- Here, delete the suspicious URL and type or paste in the URL of a website you'd like to set as your homepage.
Alter preferences in Firefox
- Type about:config in Firefox address bar and hit Enter.
- Click I accept the risk! to continue.
- Here, type in the URL which has taken over your browser without your knowledge. Right-click each value that includes it and choose Reset.
Remove annoying push notifications from Firefox
Suspicious sites that ask to enable push notifications gain access to Mozilla's settings and can deliver intrusive advertisements when browsing the Internet. Therefore, you should remove access to your browser by following these simple steps:
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on Menu (the three horizontal bars) on the top-right corner of the window, then choose Options.
- Click on Privacy and Security, then scroll down to Permissions section.
- Here, find Notifications and click Settings button next to it.
- Identify all unknown URLs and choose to Block them. Click Save Changes afterward.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- In Firefox, type about:support in the address bar and press Enter.
- Click on Refresh Firefox...
- Click Refresh Firefox again to confirm.
Remove Click-to-watch.live ads from Microsoft Edge
Remove suspicious extensions:
- Open MS Edge browser and click on the three dots button in the top right corner, then click on Extensions.
- Look through the list of installed extensions and find the ones you can't remember installing or simply suspicious-looking ones. Right-click on them and choose Uninstall. Then confirm by pressing Uninstall again.
Change MS Edge Start Page and default search engine:
- Click on the three dots again and go to Settings. First, make sure that you choose to Open Microsoft Edge with A specific page or pages option. Then click the X next to suspicious URLs and type in the one you want to set as your homepage. Click the Save icon to confirm.
- Click on the three dots > Settings. Scroll down and click on Show Advanced Settings. Then scroll down until you find Change search engine button. Click it. Here, select the search engine you prefer using and click Set as default.
Additionally, we recommend selecting and Removing suspicious search engines.
Turn off push notifications in Edge
If you keep receiving pop-up ads or other promotional content while browsing on Microsoft Edge, your browser might be corrupted by a potentially unwanted program (PUP). You have to clean it — follow these easy instructions:
- In Microsoft Edge, open Menu (three horizontal dots) in the top-right corner of the screen and click Settings;
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Scroll down to the Website permissions section. Here, click Manage permissions.
- Find Notifications and Remove all suspicious websites.
Clear browsing data
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner again and click on Settings. Find Clear browsing data section and click Choose what to clear button.
- In the next window, select all options and click Clear.
Remove Click-to-watch.live ads from Safari
Uninstall suspicious Safari extensions
- Open Safari and click on Safari button in the top left corner. Select Preferences in the menu that appears on the screen.
- Now, go to Extensions tab. Look at the left to see all installed extensions, click on suspicious ones and hit that Uninstall button as shown in the picture. Confirm your choice by clicking Uninstall again. Repeat until you get rid of all unwanted extensions.
Change Safari Homepage and default search engine
- In Preferences, open the General tab. Here, check what URL is set as your homepage. Delete it and type in whatever URL you want to set as your Safari Start Page.
- Next, go to the Search tab. Here, choose what Search engine you want to set as default.
- Next, click on Manage websites... then Remove all... and then Done.
Remove push notifications on Safari
Some suspicious websites can try to corrupt your Safari by asking to enable push notifications. If you have accidentally agreed, your browser will be flooded with various intrusive advertisements and pop-ups. You can get rid of them by following this quick guide:
- Open Safari and click on Safari button in the top-left corner of the screen to select Preferences;
- Go to Websites tab and navigate to Notifications on the left side toolbar.
- Click on Safari > Clear History...
- Then choose to clear All history and hit Clear History button to confirm.
- Go to Safari > Preferences and then open Privacy tab.
- Click Manage Website Data... then Remove All. To finish, click Done.
- Finally, clear Safari cache. In Safari Menu, click Develop > Clear Cache.
Remove Click-to-watch.live ads from Internet Explorer
TIP: If you are still using IE, we strongly advise using Microsoft Edge or a different browser because Microsoft is no longer providing technical or security support for IE browser.
Remove suspicious extensions from IE
- Now, go back to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Below Show:, select All add-ons.
- Right-click suspicious extensions and choose Disable, or, if available - Remove.
- If any pop-up appears, confirm your choice.
Tip: If you can't find any suspicious extensions, most likely you have uninstalled them via Programs and Features already. This mostly applies to IE browser.
Change default search provider and remove suspicious ones
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon in the top right of the window.
- Then select Manage Add-ons.
- Here, click on Search Providers tab.
- Here, we recommend setting Bing, Google or another trusted and well-known search provider as default. To do it, right-click the provider and choose Set as default.
- Now you can right-click suspicious search providers and choose Remove.
Change IE Home Page
- In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon in the top left corner.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Change Home Page URL to whatever page you want to use as your homepage.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Block pop-up notifications on Internet Explorer
Suspicious websites can gain access to your Internet Explorer browser through push notifications. If you enable them even by accident, you will start receiving numerous annoying ads and other advertising content while browsing. The easiest way to remove push-notification viruses is by performing the following steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click on the Menu (the gear button) on the top-right corner of the window, then select Internet Options.
- Go to the Privacy tab;
- Look for Pop-up Blocker section and select Settings;
- Scroll through all URLs and you can Remove them one by one or all at the same time. Click Close.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon in IE menu > Internet Options. Now click on Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset...
- Click on the checkbox next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
- To finish, click Close.
Alternative software recommendations
Removing spyware and malware is one step towards cybersecurity. To protect yourself against ever-evolving threats, we strongly recommend purchasing a Premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which provides security based on artificial intelligence and machine learning. Includes ransomware protection. See pricing options and protect yourself now.
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
If you're looking for an all-in-one system maintenance suite that has 7 core components providing powerful real-time protection, on-demand malware removal, system optimization, data recovery, password manager, online privacy protection and secure driver wiping technology. Therefore, due to its wide-range of capabilities, System Mechanic Ultimate Defense deserves Geek's Advice approval. Get it now for 50% off. You may also be interested in its full review.
Disclaimer. This site includes affiliate links. We may earn a small commission by recommending certain products, at no additional cost for you. We only choose quality software and services to recommend.
Scott Bolton is a senior content strategist in our Geek’s Advice team. He is exceptionally passionate about covering the latest information technology themes and inspire other team members to follow new innovations. Despite the fact that Scott is an old-timer among the Geeks, he still enjoys writing comprehensive articles about exciting cybersecurity news or quick tutorials.