Clean Windows Registry to Speed Up Your Computer
Windows Registry is a large central database that stores the information necessary to run software and hardware. Every action you perform with your computer will access the Registry for information. For example, if you install a new program, Windows will create new registry entries for it.
Since every action performed uses or creates new entries in Windows Registry, it stores a massive amount of information. While Windows is capable of managing the entries, it is not designed to clean it. Therefore, there are numerous unnecessary entries that are gathered over time.
When the system is overcrowded with unused registry entries, your computer’s performance can decrease significantly. It no longer operates as quickly as it used to and it usually becomes annoying. Likewise, it is essential to clean Windows Registry regularly.
Manual vs Automatic Registry Cleaning
As mentioned above, Windows does not clean the Register for you. Every computer user has to take care of it themselves. Usually, people either refrain from doing anything or try to clean Windows Registry manually.
Our experts do not recommend making any changes in the Registry on your own. The reason is that any mistakes make lead to a system crash with no easy fix afterward. For example, if you try to learn how to clean Registry in Windows 7 using cmd and use the wrong command, you might not be able to boot your computer.
Keep in mind that even a comma in the wrong place can corrupt the system. In this case you would need to reinstall Windows completely to fix your computer. Therefore, if you are not an expert in IT, do not try to be Microsoft Windows Registry cleaner yourself. Instead, use a reliable software for that.
Best Registry Cleaner
People who are not so tech-savvy have created Registry Cleaner Reddit discussion to find the best tool to clean their systems. Even though there have been a few software options, Reimage gained the biggest recognition for its abilities.
Reimage scans the computer for outdated or corrupted Registry keys and replace them with healthy files from a continuously updated database. The online database consists of 25 million new files that can be used to replace the damaged ones. This way you can restore your computer’s performance in case of any system crash.
Reimage PC Repair offers a free scan, but in order to fix detected issues, a full version must be purchased. The software includes a U.S. patented technology to repair registry and also includes Avira AntiVir scanner to detect spyware/malware threats, which is even two useful tools in one. You can read a full review here.
To learn how to clean Windows Registry automatically, please use the guidelines provided below.
Clean corrupted Registry keys with Reimage
FIX IT NOW
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows
Fix PC errors, repair virus damage and identify hardware/stability issues using RESTORO – a unique PC Repair tool using a patented technology to replace damaged or missing Windows system files, which often are the real cause of annoying Windows errors. Try the FREE scan option to search for stability, security and hardware-related issues. To fix identified problems and receive hardware-related recommendations, you have to purchase the license key for the full software version.
Most people aim to save and search for free Registry cleaner Windows 10. However, our experts believe that those who want to keep their computers safe and healthy should not use unreliable software. Thus, we suggest investing in your computer’s performance and using Reimage.
- Download Reimage: Download and install the software following the instructions on the installer. Keep in mind that cybercriminals try to distribute malware by offering to get legitimate programs for free. Stay away from any fraudulent ads and download software from official websites only.
- Create a backup: Even though this step is optional, we highly recommend creating a restore point in case something goes wrong. Cleaning the Registry is a delicate procedure and any mistakes can lead to a loss of data. Thus, stay safe and create a backup before proceeding further.
- Launch Reimage and start the scan: The software allows you to scan your system for free. Thus, sometimes people on Reddit refer to it as the best Registry cleaner 2019.
- Check scan results: After the scan, you will be provided with all results. You can the option to purchase a license key and continue with the repair.
- Start Repair: If you enter the license key, Reimage quarantines all malware found on the computer, eliminates virus damage, and replaces corrupted Registry keys, DLLs, and other system files.
- Reboot the Computer: After Reimage repair, you have to restart your computer for the system to apply changes.
Once you clean Windows Registry, you should notice a significant increase in computer’s performance — decreased latency, faster system and an increased stability.
Scott Bolton is a senior content strategist in our Geek’s Advice team. He is exceptionally passionate about covering the latest information technology themes and inspire other team members to follow new innovations. Despite the fact that Scott is an old-timer among the Geeks, he still enjoys writing comprehensive articles about exciting cybersecurity news or quick tutorials.
Leave a Reply