Activate Youtube to enjoy videos on your smart device
- Activate Youtube to enjoy videos on your smart device
- Activate Youtube via youtube.com/activate on your device
Youtube.com/activate typically asks users to enter a code displayed on the device, but not everyone knows how to get this code to activate Youtube on smart TV. This issue gets annoying as watching videos from this media sharing platform is one of the best pleasures after purchasing a new TV. In this guide, we’ll describe how to activate Youtube on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Smart TVs, Playstation, Xbox One, Kodi, Samsung TV, Apple TV and Nintendo Switch.
Watching videos on a large TV screen boosts the whole experience to a whole new level. With a variety of 4K videos available on the video streaming platform, we can enjoy watching shows, vlogs, tutorials, music videos and other content in the highest quality possible. Activating Youtube on your device is very simple, yet without any instructions it may seem tricky. You can complete it in a few minutes using our in-detail tutorial provided below.
Smart devices such as Kodi, Xbox One, Playstation, Apple or Samsung TVs and others require signing into Youtube account to activate it and start watching videos immediately. The whole process is similar to Netflix activation experience.
Follow the steps below to solve the activation problem and enjoy Youtube videos as soon as possible.
Activate Youtube via youtube.com/activate on your device
To activate and watch Youtube videos via Xbox One, One S and X models in 4K and lower quality, you need to find and open YT app. You may need to enter Google account information to sign in for the first time. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to confirm YT account on Xbox One:
- Navigate to Sign in & Settings.
- Select Sign in and press X on your controller. You will see the activation code on the screen.
- Now, take either your mobile phone or computer and go to youtube.com/activate.
- If required, sign into your Google account. Enter the code displayed on your screen and click Next.
- Click Allow Access to complete the activation procedure.
- You’re good to go! You can now enjoy Youtube videos on Xbox One instantly.
If you’re looking on how to activate Youtube on Roku, this is a very easy guide that you can use to complete this task. Follow the steps provided by our experts to find and enter Roku code into youtube.com/activate site.
- First of all, connect Roku to your TV and log into your Roku account. An internet connection is required to complete the activation, so make sure to turn it on.
- Go to Home screen by pressing the corresponding button on your remote.
- Click Channel Store and press OK on remote.
- Navigate to Top Free option, then choose Youtube and press OK.
- Select Add Channel option and press OK.
- Youtube channel should now be added to My Channels section. You can check this by going to Home > My Channels.
- Open Youtube channel.
- Go to the Gear icon in the Youtube channel and click OK.
- Choose Sign in and provide your Youtube account details (if required).
- Roku will provide Youtube activation code on your screen.
- Take your phone or computer and go to youtube.com/activate.
- If you’re not signed into Google account, do so now. Once signed in, you will be asked to enter 8 digit code which was given by Roku. Do so and click Next.
- Choose your YT account, then click Allow access to complete the verification procedure.
Activate Youtube on Smart TV
You can use youtube.com/activate to connect your Youtube account to your Smart TV in a few simple steps. Keep in mind that not all TVs support this video platform. However, if you checked and it does, just follow these simple steps to start enjoying video content immediately.
Activating Youtube on Smart TVs manufactured in 2013 or later
- Launch Youtube app on your TV.
- Navigate to the Gear icon on the left side and open it.
- Click Sign in.
- Your TV now will display 8 digit code.
- Take your phone or computer and go to youtube.com/activate.
- If required, sign into your Google account. Enter the 8 digit code which is displayed on your Smart TV screen.
- Click Next, then choose your Youtube account, then click Allow to complete.
Guide for older TV models
TV models which were manufactured earlier than 2013 are likely to be using old flash Youtube app. Here’s how to activate and stream Youtube videos on such TVs:
- Open the Youtube app on your TV.
- On the left side, choose Sign in option.
- Your TV now should display an 8 digit code.
- Take your phone, tablet or computer and go to youtube.com/activate.
- If required, sign in and enter the code displayed on your TV screen.
- Click Next, choose your Youtube account and click Allow.
Activate Youtube on Fire TV or Firestick
Amazon Fire TV gives you an opportunity to watch Youtube and control the app via Alexa. However, to begin enjoying such experience, you’ll need to activate Youtube first. Here’s what you need to do:
- If you haven’t installed the app already, use Fire TV search to find and download it. Make sure you download Youtube app.
- Open Youtube App.
- Click Sign in on the left pane.
- You will see the code on your screen.
- Now go to the URL which is also shown on the screen (com/activate)
- Sign in to Google account, then enter the displayed authorization code.
- Click Next, choose your Youtube account and Allow to confirm.
Activating Youtube on Playstation 3
Activating Youtube on Playstation is incredibly easy. All you need to do is to open the app, get the verification code and enter it via the said domain online. Here is a detailed guide:
- Open Youtube in Playstation. If you do not have this app yet, you can download it from the Playstation Store.
- In the app, go to Sign in & Settings.
- Choose Sign in option and press X on your controller.
- You will get the authorization code on your screen.
- Now take your phone, tablet or another device and go to youtube.com/activate.
- Sign into your Google account, then enter the given authorization code and click Next.
- Choose your YT account, then click Allow to provide access. That’s it!
Activate Youtube on Kodi
To activate Youtube on Kodi you’ll have to put a little more effort. However, our guide explains how to enter code in youtube and access videos on your device. Here is what you’ll need to do:
- Go to Settings, then select Add-ons.
- Select Install from Repository/Get Add-ons.
- Choose Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Choose Video Add-ons.
- Here, find and select Youtube, then Install.
- As soon as it gets installed, go to Videos > Add-ons.
- Open Youtube.
- Select Sign in. This will provide the authorization code on your screen.
- Using another device, such as tablet, phone or laptop, go to the shown link (ending in com/activate) and sign in to Google account (if required). Enter the code displayed on your screen.
- Click Next, choose YT account to proceed, then choose Allow. You’re done!
Activate Youtube on Apple TV
It is very easy to activate youtube on Apple TV. You’ll just have to fetch the code from sign-in page, and enter it via the same authorization link online.
- On Apple TV, go to Sign in & Settings. Here, select Sign in. This will display the authorization code on your screen.
- Now go to youtube.com/activate via phone, tablet, or laptop.
- If required, sign into your Google account and then enter the given authorization code. Click Next.
- Choose YT account to proceed and then click Allow to finish.
Activate Youtube on Samsung TV
Use the provided steps to activate Youtube on your Samsung TV via youtube.com/activate. While some models don’t support YT app, the majority of them do. If you can’t activate this service using the provided guide, contact Samsung support to ask them what you can do.
- Go to Sign in & Settings. Here, select Sign in. This will provide you with a authorization code which you will need to enter into a specified link online.
- Use tablet, laptop, or your smartphone to access youtube.com/activate.
- Sign in to your Google account (if asked), then enter the given code accordingly. Click Next to continue.
- Choose your YT account to use on your TV.
- Click Allow to finish the procedure. You’re all done!
Activate Youtube on Nintendo Switch
Activating Youtube on Nintendo Switch is easy. If you haven’t downloaded the app already, you’ll need to do so and then authenticate your device using a provided code on the app. We’ll explain everything in detail futher – just follow these steps to complete this authorization process quickly. Keep in mind that you’ll need to have a Nintendo Account first. If you do not have it yet, go to the official website to create one.
- On Switch, go to eShop.
- Click Search and type Youtube.
- Click on corresponding result and click on Free Download.
- You can now close the eShop and wait until the download is complete.
- Click on Youtube app to open it.
- Select the user to use.
- Look on the left and you should see a list of icons. Select the icon of a person. You will be shown a code.
- Use another device such as phone or laptop to open youtube.com/activate. Here, sign in using your Google account, then enter the code given in Nintendo Switch YT app.
- Click Next. Select YT account you wish to use, then click Allow. That’s it!
We hope that our guide on how to activate Youtube via com/activate cleared this simple procedure for you and you managed to access YT services on your smart devices. Now you’ll be able to watch millions of videos freely, whether you’re using Samsung TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or Firestick, Kodi, Roku, Nintendo Switch or any smart TV.
Please bear in mind that some devices might not have in-built Youtube app, so in such case you’ll have to download it first before the activation procedure. If you can’t locate the app no matter how hard you try, it might be the case when your device doesn’t support YT at all.
Norbert Webb is the head of Geek’s Advice team. He is the chief editor of the website who controls the quality of content published. The man also loves reading cybersecurity news, testing new software and sharing his insights on them. Norbert says that following his passion for information technology was one of the best decisions he has ever made. “I don’t feel like working while I’m doing something I love.” However, the geek has other interests, such as snowboarding and traveling.